2017 AASAN Ambassadorship awarded to:
Sonal Jain Atluri, Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College and King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India – With Dr. Sanjeev Bhatia, University of Miami.
2016 AASAN Ambassadorship awarded to:
Krishna Chaitanya Joshi, Ms Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore, India – With Robert Spetzler, Barrow Neurological Institute, and Ketan Bulsara, Yale University.
2015 AASAN Ambassadorship awarded to:
Akshay hari, PGY5 Fortis Hospital, Bangalore, India – With Praveen Mummaneni, UCSF
Dr. Usman Malik, Rawalpindi Medical College, Rawalpindi, Pakistan – with Dr. Shekar Kurpad, Medical College of Wisconsin
2014 AASAN Ambassadorships awarded to:
Nilesh Kurwale, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India – With Ashwini Sharan, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Mazda Turel, CMC, Vellore, India – With Anil Nanda and Robert Spetzler
2013 AASAN Ambassadorships awarded to:
Rajiv Jha, National Academy of Medical Sciences, Bir Hospital, Kathmandu, Nepal – With Praveen Mummaneni, UCSF
George C Vilanilam, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum, India – With Gary Mathern, UCLA.
The Ambassador program is aimed at funding neurosurgeons from South East Asia for observerships in the United States. The goal of the program is to facilitate the exchange of ideas with the hope that the selected ambassadors can acquire neurosurgical insights that will ultimately benefit their patients.
Applications in all subspecialities of Neurosurgery are encouraged. Applications are due by July 1. Decision of the selection committee will be made by the first week in August.
Please send all application materials directly to Dr. Amin at email@example.com
AASAN AMBASSADOR (For Non US & Canada Residents)
- 1 per year; Applications open to all neurosurgeons (in residency or practice) of one of the AASAN member countries outside of the United States between ages 30-60 years
- 2-3 month travelling scholarship to spend time as an observer with AASAN member
- Purpose: To acquire knowledge and clinical skills that will be taken back to home country and institution to improve neurosurgical care
- The Ambassador will not have operating or clinical care privileges
- Submit applications to:
- Application for grant (Dr. Beejal Amin)
- Reimbursement of funds following rotation
- Maximum Budget: $5,000
- PLEASE SUBMIT A BUDGET FOR YOUR PROPOSED EXPENSES AS PART OF YOUR APPLICATION
- Travel to location of clinical rotation : up to $2000
- Housing and meals : up to $2000
- Educational Stipend for research and publication : $1000
- Receipts must be submitted for all expenses to ensure re-imbursement
- Selection process
- Applicants must provide:
- Proof of neurosurgical training
- Candidate Statement
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Approval from home institution
- Approval from host institution
- Documentation of appropriate Visa status
- Final selection: AASAN Board members by e-mail / conference call, Minimum quorum of 3 members.
- Applicants must provide:
- Applicant notification (Dr. Beejal Amin)
- Requirements for reimbursement of funds
- One peer reviewed or non-peer reviewed manuscript or chapter
- Acknowledgement of AASAN Ambassador / Corporate sponsor support (Stryker CMFS)
This activity is supported by an educational grant from STRYKER (CMFS Division)
AASAN is a 501C3 designated organization
Tax ID #: 74-3155183